Toothaches and broken teeth are no fun, but we can help! Our dentists utilize the most advanced technology and procedures to provide you with the most efficient and painless path back to optimal dental health! In most instances, we can see you and alleviate your emergency all in the same day. We receive referrals from across the metroplex that all say the same thing: Dental Care of Texas is THE place to go for your dental emergencies.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call us immediately and then follow these simple steps to extend the viability of your tooth:
- Broken tooth: Rinse with warm water. Apply cold compress.
- Cracked tooth: Apply cold compress.
- Knocked-out tooth: Rinse the tooth in cold water, but DO NOT SCRUB IT. Then, place the tooth back in its socket and hold it in place for five minutes. If this cannot be done, put the tooth in a glass of milk or water or wrap it in a wet cloth.
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth with warm water. Gently use dental floss to ensure there is no food or debris caught between teeth. If pain persists, contact your dentist.
When it comes to dental emergencies, the main ingredient to avoiding them is prevention!
This includes such steps as:
- Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels, or hard candy
- Use scissors, not teeth, when cutting tape
And the most important preventative measure you can take?
- See your dentist every six months for cleanings/checkups